Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008

Presents are great, because it's like this tangible thing that you can point to and say, "Hey man, I love you, this many dollars worth" - Michael Scott, The Office

I don't exactly agree with Michael, but that's funny. Presents are more about the thought and just how simply awesome they are.

My brother got me the much anticipated "The Macrophenomenal Pro Basketball Almanac" book from the Free Darko guys. It is awesome. The illustrations alone are enough to warrant getting it. It could function solely as a coffee table book just fine, but it's immensely more than that. The insights and perspectives on individual players and their styles is brilliant, and I'm only maybe 1/8th through it.
FreeDarko presents The Macrophenomenal Pro Basketball Almanac: Styles, Stats, and Stars in Today's Game

One of my gifts really made me feel like a kid again because it was a big box that was wrapped. When I picked it up I just felt like I was four years old or so because of the ratio of size of box to size of me. When I unwrapped it, I discovered this

It's a 19-inch widescreen LCD computer monitor. I've been wanting a new monitor for a while because mine was old and huge (yes, I had a big projection monitor rather than a flatscreen). The funny part about this is that this was basically stored under my desk at work for at least 2-3 weeks without me ever realizing it. I knew it was under the desk, I saw it, but I never put the pieces together and thought it could be for me. I thought our company was just storing a couple monitors there. Well, my mother, with the help of our IT guys, found a great deal for these (my brother received one too) and there they were. The thing kicks ass by the way. I didn't fully appreciate the fact that I needed a new one, until I got one. This is a massive improvement.

The best set of gifts had to be the beers and beer glasses. My dad, through the help of my brother got me the Duvel gift set, consisting of the four small Duvel bottles and the elegant tulip glass, and also the bottle of Brother Thelonious. My brother and his girlfriend Laura got me the two nice Chimay glasses. It doesn't get much better than Belgian beer served properly. The previous night with Christmas Eve dinner I had a bottle of Delirium Nocturnum

Ted's Beers by you.
Delirium by you.
Ted & Beer by you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the label on the Brother Thelonious.